Lightly raced Sweet Win, a $10,000 buy as a 2-year-old at Ocala, came from nowhere to capture the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Del Mar Saturday.
Miss Vegas, trainer Bobby Frankel's lastest filly turf standout, heads a light field of five for the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile for 3-year-old fillies on the turf at Del Mar Saturday.
Ed Friendly's favored Friendly Michelle got a perfect stalking trip with Corey Nakatani in the saddle and bounded away from speedy Forest Music in the stretch for a convincing win in the $250,000 Prioress (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park Saturday.
French Lady, a New Zealand import which joined the Neil Drysdale stable last week, was extended an alternate invitation Sunday to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) July 3 by Hollywood Park racing secretary Martin Panza.
Ask for the Moon, Lucifer's Stone, Sister Star and Super Bobbina have declined invitations to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 3, Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza said Wednesday.
Irish-bred Miss Vegas, making her U.S. debut for trainer Bobby Frankel, set the pace and then held off favored Ticker Tape with a gritty effort to win Saturday's $108,900 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at a mile on the grass Saturday at Hollywood Park.
British-bred Ticker Tape will seek her first win in graded competition on Saturday when carrying high weight of 121 pounds in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at one mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal