Snow Chief, the 1986 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and champion 3-year-old male, died Preakness Day of an apparent heart attack. The 27-year-old son of Reflected Glory stood at Eagle Oak Ranch near Paso Robles, Calif.
1995 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Larry The Legend now stands at Warren's Thoroughbred Farm in Hemet after being moved from the shuttered Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm.
Champion Turkoman, whose runners have earned $23 million, has arrived at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm near Mira Loma, Calif.
Grade I winner Larry the Legend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Kiana's Star won an allowance event at six furlongs in 1:12.27 at Turf Paradise Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title