Snow Chief, the 1986 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and champion 3-year-old male, died Preakness Day of an apparent heart attack. The 27-year-old son of Reflected Glory stood at Eagle Oak Ranch near Paso Robles, Calif.
1995 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Larry The Legend now stands at Warren's Thoroughbred Farm in Hemet after being moved from the shuttered Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm.
Champion Turkoman, whose runners have earned $23 million, has arrived at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm near Mira Loma, Calif.
Grade I winner Larry the Legend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Kiana's Star won an allowance event at six furlongs in 1:12.27 at Turf Paradise Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf