Snow Chief, the 1986 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and champion 3-year-old male, died Preakness Day of an apparent heart attack. The 27-year-old son of Reflected Glory stood at Eagle Oak Ranch near Paso Robles, Calif.
1995 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Larry The Legend now stands at Warren's Thoroughbred Farm in Hemet after being moved from the shuttered Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm.
Champion Turkoman, whose runners have earned $23 million, has arrived at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm near Mira Loma, Calif.
Grade I winner Larry the Legend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Kiana's Star won an allowance event at six furlongs in 1:12.27 at Turf Paradise Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud