Snow Chief, the 1986 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and champion 3-year-old male, died Preakness Day of an apparent heart attack. The 27-year-old son of Reflected Glory stood at Eagle Oak Ranch near Paso Robles, Calif.
1995 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Larry The Legend now stands at Warren's Thoroughbred Farm in Hemet after being moved from the shuttered Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm.
Champion Turkoman, whose runners have earned $23 million, has arrived at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm near Mira Loma, Calif.
Grade I winner Larry the Legend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Kiana's Star won an allowance event at six furlongs in 1:12.27 at Turf Paradise Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista