Snow Chief, the 1986 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and champion 3-year-old male, died Preakness Day of an apparent heart attack. The 27-year-old son of Reflected Glory stood at Eagle Oak Ranch near Paso Robles, Calif.
1995 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Larry The Legend now stands at Warren's Thoroughbred Farm in Hemet after being moved from the shuttered Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm.
Champion Turkoman, whose runners have earned $23 million, has arrived at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farm near Mira Loma, Calif.
Grade I winner Larry the Legend was represented by his first winner when his daughter Kiana's Star won an allowance event at six furlongs in 1:12.27 at Turf Paradise Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Fenton Named to Tattersalls Ireland Post