IEAH Stables, the owners of Kentucky Derby contenders Big Brown and Court Vision, will celebrate their trip to Louisville by sponsoring the Jockey Legends Dinner at the Executive West Hotel on Derby eve. The event is expected to replace the Mint Jubilee Gala on the social itineraries of retired jockeys and those riding in this year's Derby.
Silks embellished with Maker's Mark's signature red sealing wax design and autographed by this year's Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel and several other riders will be auctioned off to raise funds for the Mint Jubilee Charities.
The saddle worn by Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro and purchased at the Mint Jubilee auction by Dwight Manley for $220,000 May 4, was purchased privately by Roy and Gretchen Jackson a few moments later.
Organizers of the Mint Jubilee Derby-Eve Gala announced today that bids for the saddle worn by Barbaro in the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will be accepted from interested buyers from both inside and outside the venue.
The Derby scene Thursday: Coach Rick Pitino cast as "owner" Pitino...NFL hopes Congaree goes long...Darby vs. Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah