Trainer Mac Robertson continued his Minnesota Festival of Champions dominance by winning four of the six Thoroughbred stakes and an allowance race Sept. 1 at Canterbury Park.
Canterbury Park's 2011 Thoroughbred stakes schedule features 28 races worth $1.215 million in purses, highlighted by the $60,000 Minnesota Oaks and Derby, which are slated for Aug. 13 at the Shakopee, Minn. track.
Canterbury Park's 62-day summer race season comes to a close Aug. 30 with the 16th renewal of the Minnesota Festival of Champions, a day of racing dedicated to horses bred in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Canterbury Park received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission Dec. 20 to conduct a 67-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet May 3-Sept. 1 next year.
A Thoroughbred stakes schedule with more than $1.5 million in purse money is slated for the 2007 Canterbury Park race meet in Shakopee, Minn., that begins on May 5. The schedule is highlighted by the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes on July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland