The 2015 Canterbury Park Thoroughbred stakes schedule is comprised of 24 races and $1.825 million in purses, officials announced Dec. 17.
Hold for More was a convincing winner of the Northern Lights Futurity Stakes, one of two $75,000 races for juveniles on the Minnesota Festival of Champions program for state-breds Aug. 31 at Canterbury Park.
A total of 98 horses have been entered for the 11 races that comprise the 21st Minnesota Festival of Champions Aug. 31 at the Shakopee, Minn., oval.
Trainer Mac Robertson continued his Minnesota Festival of Champions dominance by winning four of the six Thoroughbred stakes and an allowance race Sept. 1 at Canterbury Park.
Canterbury Park's 2011 Thoroughbred stakes schedule features 28 races worth $1.215 million in purses, highlighted by the $60,000 Minnesota Oaks and Derby, which are slated for Aug. 13 at the Shakopee, Minn. track.
Canterbury Park's 62-day summer race season comes to a close Aug. 30 with the 16th renewal of the Minnesota Festival of Champions, a day of racing dedicated to horses bred in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Canterbury Park received approval from the Minnesota Racing Commission Dec. 20 to conduct a 67-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet May 3-Sept. 1 next year.
A Thoroughbred stakes schedule with more than $1.5 million in purse money is slated for the 2007 Canterbury Park race meet in Shakopee, Minn., that begins on May 5. The schedule is highlighted by the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes on July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million