The hard-knocking Rahystrada raced into the record books with his third $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) victory July 13, the only horse to have won that many editions of the 1 1/4-mile turf event at Arlington Park.
Robert Courtney Jr.'s Rahystrada, an 8-year-old Rahy gelding, holds off 9-5 favorite Boisterous by a neck July 14 in the $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). Rahystrada won the Arlington Handicap in 2010.
Veteran gelding Rahystrada earned his 10th career victory when he kicked clear in the stretch run for jockey Inez Karlsson and held off defending champion Just as Well by a half length in the $150,000 Arlington Handicap.
Robert Courntey's Rahystrada, the second-longest price in the field at 56-1, held his nine rivals at bay in the stretch to win the $112,700 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 27 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Prize Exhibit Takes on Older in Yellow Ribbon
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- First Winner for Adios Charlie