Something deserved by Garoffalo's family is the chance at watching a Derby run in person. But after decades spent in the industry in Venezuela, Jose Garoffalo Sr. will watch from home while his son chases history.
How far Wildcat Red will go is anyone's guess, but he has already gone farther than many people thought he might and shown fine gameness while doing so.
Miner's Mark, a grade I winner and the first foal out of the legendary Personal Ensign, was euthanized April 30 at Blue Ridge Farm in Virginia. The son of Mr. Prospector was 23.
Personal Ensign, the unbeaten Hall of Famer and 1996 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year, has been pensioned at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Champion Personal Ensign delivered a colt by Forest Wildcat April 2 at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky. The chestnut colt was bred by the Phipps Stable and is Personal Ensign's 11th foal.
Adi Selvaratnam's amazing Conroy, a 6-year-old gelded son of Gone West, landed his third consecutive Mahab Al Shimaal (UAE-III) over six furlongs at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday night.
Grade I winner Miner's Mark will stand the 2003 season at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm (Pennsylvania Division) near New Freedom
Grade I winner Miner's Mark arrived Sunday at Dunhill Stud near Reddick, Fla., where he will stand the 2001 season on behalf of a partnership
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill