Something deserved by Garoffalo's family is the chance at watching a Derby run in person. But after decades spent in the industry in Venezuela, Jose Garoffalo Sr. will watch from home while his son chases history.
How far Wildcat Red will go is anyone's guess, but he has already gone farther than many people thought he might and shown fine gameness while doing so.
Miner's Mark, a grade I winner and the first foal out of the legendary Personal Ensign, was euthanized April 30 at Blue Ridge Farm in Virginia. The son of Mr. Prospector was 23.
Personal Ensign, the unbeaten Hall of Famer and 1996 Kentucky Broodmare of the Year, has been pensioned at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Champion Personal Ensign delivered a colt by Forest Wildcat April 2 at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky. The chestnut colt was bred by the Phipps Stable and is Personal Ensign's 11th foal.
Adi Selvaratnam's amazing Conroy, a 6-year-old gelded son of Gone West, landed his third consecutive Mahab Al Shimaal (UAE-III) over six furlongs at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday night.
Grade I winner Miner's Mark will stand the 2003 season at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm (Pennsylvania Division) near New Freedom
Grade I winner Miner's Mark arrived Sunday at Dunhill Stud near Reddick, Fla., where he will stand the 2001 season on behalf of a partnership
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred