Some riders at Parx Racing have informed management they will not accept mounts on or after March 19 unless the track unconditionally guarantees they are covered by the Parx on-track insurance policy.
Officials from the Jockeys' Guild plan to meet with riders at Parx Racing Friday, March 13, over continued concerns about the Philadelphia area track's request that riders sign an indemnity waiver.
With Edgar Prado's smashed helmet serving as a powerful reminder, the Jockeys' Guild listened to a talk on concussions at its annual assembly Monday, Jan. 19, in Hollywood, Fla.
Representatives of a local riders' group and the Jockeys' Guild plan to meet with officials from Parx Racing the morning of Friday, Nov. 7, to discuss a waiver riders say the track has asked jockeys to sign.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Horse Health, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Amid a changing landscape of funding sources in horse racing, the Jockeys' Guild has turned to state lobbyists to help ensure its interests are considered.
The New Mexico Racing Commission approved an increase in base mount fees for jockeys starting with the opening of Sunland Park Dec. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- 'Chrome' Cruises to Awesome Again Win
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Gormley Upsets FrontRunner Field
- Tom’s Ready Wins Ack Ack; Runhappy Fourth
- Forever Unbridled Cruises in the Beldame
- Joking Gets First Grade I Win in Vosburgh
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Paulassilverlining Takes Muddy Gallant Bloom
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York