Some riders at Parx Racing have informed management they will not accept mounts on or after March 19 unless the track unconditionally guarantees they are covered by the Parx on-track insurance policy.
Officials from the Jockeys' Guild plan to meet with riders at Parx Racing Friday, March 13, over continued concerns about the Philadelphia area track's request that riders sign an indemnity waiver.
With Edgar Prado's smashed helmet serving as a powerful reminder, the Jockeys' Guild listened to a talk on concussions at its annual assembly Monday, Jan. 19, in Hollywood, Fla.
Representatives of a local riders' group and the Jockeys' Guild plan to meet with officials from Parx Racing the morning of Friday, Nov. 7, to discuss a waiver riders say the track has asked jockeys to sign.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Horse Health, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
Amid a changing landscape of funding sources in horse racing, the Jockeys' Guild has turned to state lobbyists to help ensure its interests are considered.
The New Mexico Racing Commission approved an increase in base mount fees for jockeys starting with the opening of Sunland Park Dec. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work