A field of 10 3-year-old fillies is set for the $100,000 La Habra Stakes Feb. 2 at Santa Anita.
Aidan O'Brien's exciting team of juveniles suffered a reversal for the second time in three days Friday when Amigoni finished out of the frame in the Sterling Insurance Richmond Stakes (Eng-II), which was won by Always Hopeful.
The Tattersalls Autumn yearling sale started in strong fashion Thursday in England, easily eclipsing last year's figures. The upswing included a record price for a yearling at the auction of 47,000 guineas ($76,845).
Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms, among the top breeders in North America this year, is the leading British-based breeder of 2000, according to the award winners announced Wednesday by the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association. Juddmonte received the award on the basis of success by such runners as the Vodafone Derby third Beat Hollow and Group-winning juveniles Endless Summer and Clearing. In other award winners announced by the TBA, Shadwell Stud's Unfuwain, the sire of Irish Oaks heroine Petrushka and the Sagitta 1,000 winner Lahan, is the leading British-based Flat stallion (in prize money).
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule