Overwhelming favorite La Verdad led at every point of call and won the $100,000 Dancin Renee Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares by 7 1/4 lengths June 28 at Belmont Park, pushing her earnings past the $1 million mark.
Jer-Mar Stable's Win Willy became the most recent addition to the equine millionaire ranks with his victory in the $50,000 Joseph French Memorial at Delaware Park June 1.
Arlington names Larson director of guest services, Shake You Down is the 85th Florida-bred millionaire.
Ten-year-old Bet On Sunshine has been retired after reaggravating a chronic injury in his left front suspensory ligament.
On Tuesday evening, Sure Shot Biscuit eclipsed the $1 million mark in career earnings at Prairie Meadows. The 6-year-old gelding, owned by Okoboji Racing Stable and trained by Kelly Von Hemel, is the first Iowa-bred in history to reach that milestone.
Lu Ravi fell just short of attaining her grade I goal when she finished second to Gourmet Girl in the April 8 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) at Oaklawn Park. Now with $1,819,781 in earnings, eight stakes wins, and three second-place finishes in grade I races, trainer Carl Bowman and owner Yoshio Fujita have retired the 6-year-old mare.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds