WinStar Farm's Bodemeister, a grade I-winning millionaire by Empire Maker, recently sired three bay fillies as his first reported foals to arrive from his introductory crop at stud.
Tom Simon's Vinery Sales has formed a partnership with Ro Parra's Millennium Farms near Lexington. The expanded sales division for the companies will be managed by Derek MacKenzie, director of public sales at Vinery Sales.
The first foal by grade II winner Zanjero was born Jan. 8 at Clifton Farm. The foal is a filly out of Frangible.
The Louisiana-based stallion Easyfromthegitgo will be added to Millennium Farms' fledgling Millennium Rewards Program, it was announced Feb. 22.
Millennium Farms' Ro Parra has decided to run his star pupil Student Council in the $2.3 million Japan Cup Dirt (Jap-I), rather than the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I). The 1 1/4-mile Japan Cup Dirt will be contested Nov. 24 at Tokyo Racecourse.
In a sign of the times, a Midwest also-ran with a liking for Polytrack came west to win the $1-million Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 19. Student Council, purchased recently by Ro Parra's Millennium Farms to run in the 1 1/4-mile test, vanquished Lava Man and upset a large field at odds of 23-1 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll