Jersey Town, a grade I-winning miler by leading sire Speightstown, sired his first reported foal when a filly was born Jan. 10 at Pennland Farm in Paris, Ky.
The Greathouse family's Glencrest Farm has revised the 2009 stud fees on Champali and Military, reducing them to $5,000.
Prohibitive favorite Gun Salute was all out to hold off Cosmic Kris and post a gutsy win in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) at nine furlongs on the turf Saturday.
Gun Salute took aim on the odds-on favorite English Channel in the stretch run of the $400,000 Secretariat (gr. IT) and shot away to a two-length victory Saturday on a yielding Arlington Park turf course.
Pirates Bite with Calvin Borel aboard broke quickly from the rail and was allowed an easy lead throughout to post a 1 ½ -length victory in Saturday's $75,000 Regaey Island for 3-year-olds on the turf at Ellis Park.
Gun Salute got up by a whisker in Saturday's $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) on Arlington Park's turf course, handing the even-money favorite Purim his first loss in four starts.
First Winners for Menifee, Military, Sea of Secrets, Wild Wonder, Time Bandit
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes