Jersey Town, a grade I-winning miler by leading sire Speightstown, sired his first reported foal when a filly was born Jan. 10 at Pennland Farm in Paris, Ky.
The Greathouse family's Glencrest Farm has revised the 2009 stud fees on Champali and Military, reducing them to $5,000.
Prohibitive favorite Gun Salute was all out to hold off Cosmic Kris and post a gutsy win in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) at nine furlongs on the turf Saturday.
Gun Salute took aim on the odds-on favorite English Channel in the stretch run of the $400,000 Secretariat (gr. IT) and shot away to a two-length victory Saturday on a yielding Arlington Park turf course.
Pirates Bite with Calvin Borel aboard broke quickly from the rail and was allowed an easy lead throughout to post a 1 ½ -length victory in Saturday's $75,000 Regaey Island for 3-year-olds on the turf at Ellis Park.
Gun Salute got up by a whisker in Saturday's $250,000 American Derby (gr. IIT) on Arlington Park's turf course, handing the even-money favorite Purim his first loss in four starts.
First Winners for Menifee, Military, Sea of Secrets, Wild Wonder, Time Bandit
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup