Speightstown remained undefeated in four starts in 2004 with a track record-equaling victory in the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Eugene and Laura Melnyk's Speightstown, who has managed to avoid the sort of injuries this year that have plagued him during his career, is the horse to beat in the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at six furlongs Saturday at Saratoga.
Flaxman Stable's Aldebaran flashed his superiority at seven furlongs once again in the Forego Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Sunday, destroying a quality field of sprinters with his patented late run.
Flaxman Stable homebred Aldebaran, winner of four of six stakes starts earlier this year, will end a seven-week layoff in Sunday's grade I, $250,000 Forego Handicap at Saratoga.
Billy R. Tucker's homebred Private Horde sailed over the sloppy stretch run at Saratoga Sunday in winning the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) to gain the first graded stakes victory of his career.
Shake You Down will spot six foes from five to 11 pounds when he attempts to capture the $200,000 A.G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita