Speightstown remained undefeated in four starts in 2004 with a track record-equaling victory in the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Eugene and Laura Melnyk's Speightstown, who has managed to avoid the sort of injuries this year that have plagued him during his career, is the horse to beat in the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at six furlongs Saturday at Saratoga.
Flaxman Stable's Aldebaran flashed his superiority at seven furlongs once again in the Forego Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Sunday, destroying a quality field of sprinters with his patented late run.
Flaxman Stable homebred Aldebaran, winner of four of six stakes starts earlier this year, will end a seven-week layoff in Sunday's grade I, $250,000 Forego Handicap at Saratoga.
Billy R. Tucker's homebred Private Horde sailed over the sloppy stretch run at Saratoga Sunday in winning the $200,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) to gain the first graded stakes victory of his career.
Shake You Down will spot six foes from five to 11 pounds when he attempts to capture the $200,000 A.G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth