Keeneland director of racing Rogers Beasley said the racetrack is ready to open its spring meeting April 4, despite the threat of heavy rain in the area beginning April 3 and continuing through opening day. Forecasts are calling for around three inches of rain in the Central Kentucky area.
Keeneland officials held a press briefing Thursday morning to unveil its new Polytrack surface and to also showcase several other improvements that have been made for the fall meeting that gets underway Oct. 6.
Keeneland has completed the installation of a Polytrack surface on its five-eighths of a mile training track located adjacent to its main track. It is the first of its type at a public racing or training facility in North America.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees