Keeneland director of racing Rogers Beasley said the racetrack is ready to open its spring meeting April 4, despite the threat of heavy rain in the area beginning April 3 and continuing through opening day. Forecasts are calling for around three inches of rain in the Central Kentucky area.
Keeneland officials held a press briefing Thursday morning to unveil its new Polytrack surface and to also showcase several other improvements that have been made for the fall meeting that gets underway Oct. 6.
Keeneland has completed the installation of a Polytrack surface on its five-eighths of a mile training track located adjacent to its main track. It is the first of its type at a public racing or training facility in North America.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner