In an emotional ceremony in the winner's circle at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, retired jockey Ramon Dominguez was presented with the Mike Venezia Award and the 2012 Eclipse Award trophy he was unable to accept last January.
Jockey Edgar Prado will receive the New York Racing Association's 2006 Mike Venezia Award in a paddock ceremony at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
Jockey Edgar Prado, whose skill on the racetrack is matched by his passion to help children of New York's backstretch workers, was named the winner of the 2006 Mike Venezia Award, the New York Racing Association announced July 21.
Patricia Cooksey has been named the recipient of the 2004 Mike Venezia Memorial Award in a vote of fans, turf writers and jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale