In an emotional ceremony in the winner's circle at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, retired jockey Ramon Dominguez was presented with the Mike Venezia Award and the 2012 Eclipse Award trophy he was unable to accept last January.
Jockey Edgar Prado will receive the New York Racing Association's 2006 Mike Venezia Award in a paddock ceremony at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
Jockey Edgar Prado, whose skill on the racetrack is matched by his passion to help children of New York's backstretch workers, was named the winner of the 2006 Mike Venezia Award, the New York Racing Association announced July 21.
Patricia Cooksey has been named the recipient of the 2004 Mike Venezia Memorial Award in a vote of fans, turf writers and jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation