A federal district court ordered March 28 a shut-down of a U.S. Department of Agriculture program that allowed the slaughter of American horses for human consumption to be paid for by the slaughter houses. The program was put into place shortly after Congress voted in 2005 to cut federal funding for inspections of horsemeat.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely