Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year extension to their current agreement, which was scheduled to run through 2015.
Suffolk Downs, which in recent years has opened its live meet in mid-May, will instead begin the 2012 season June 2 even though a purse contract with the New England HBPA has yet to be finalized.
Jockey Jeremy Rose's decision to remain at Delaware Park for most of Saturday afternoon paid off when he rode Trickle of Gold to victory in the $75,000 Sweet and Sassy Stakes for fillies and mares at six furlongs.
The $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III), which drew multiple graded stakes winner Mandy's Gold among the 14 fillies and mares entered, tops the Owners' Day festivities to be held at Delaware Park Saturday.
Trainer Mike Gorham will have a "fresh" horse when he starts John D. Murphy and Old Coach Farms' Bruanna in Sunday's $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
The Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) put two horses on the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) trail. One enters the hunt for the first time, while the other is returning to the chase.
Most Popular Stories
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner