In the latest management change at Gulfstream Park, media relations executive Caton Bredar and marketing executive Mike Cronin are no longer at the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track effective June 10.
Calder Casino & Race Course said it is lifting a ban on horses shipping into and out of its property, effective 12:00 a.m. the morning of March 23.
Caton Bredar has been named executive producer of the new media development department at Gulfstream Park, track officials announced Dec. 16.
Mike Cronin has been appointed assistant to the president for marketing at Gulfstream Park, the Florida racetrack announced Dec. 1.
Calder racing secretary Bob Umphrey passed away Monday from complications of a massive heart attack and stroke he suffered Sunday. He died at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Fla. at 7 p.m. Umphrey, 53, is survived by his wife Janet.
Calder Race Course has named Brant Allen to the new position of director of product development, said Mike Cronin, Calder's marketing director.
Calder Racecourse experienced gains in on-track attendance and wagering and overall handle during the 52-day Tropical at Calder meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa