The 2011 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Midnight Interlude has been sold privately to Nanoli Stud in India, owner Arnold Zetcher confirmed Feb. 15.
Switching to the turf and taking off blinkers proved the right moves for Midnight Interlude when he edged Surrey Star by a neck to win the $72,050 Tsunami Slew Stakes on the night of June 17 at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Bob Baffert went to his bench in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and he came away a winner for the sixth time in the prestigious race when Midnight Interlude rallied for a head victory April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees