The 2011 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Midnight Interlude has been sold privately to Nanoli Stud in India, owner Arnold Zetcher confirmed Feb. 15.
Switching to the turf and taking off blinkers proved the right moves for Midnight Interlude when he edged Surrey Star by a neck to win the $72,050 Tsunami Slew Stakes on the night of June 17 at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Bob Baffert went to his bench in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and he came away a winner for the sixth time in the prestigious race when Midnight Interlude rallied for a head victory April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76