Reigning Horse of the Year Curlin took the lead entering the stretch and rolled to an impressive 4 1/4-length victory in the $1-million Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Compared to the troubled trip he got in last year's edition of the $350,000 Gulfstream Park Turf (gr. IT), Einstein's victory in the Feb. 23 event was a relative romp.
Curlin, the leading candidate for 2007 Horse of the Year, arrived at Fair Grounds Nov. 27 following a van ride from Churchill Downs, but his racing future is still undecided.
Trainer Kenny McPeek has filed a lawsuit in Kentucky against a company involving two jailed attorneys who are part owners of leading Horse of the Year candidate Curlin, alleging he is owed money from the previous sale of the horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs