Schumer Bloodstock, in conjunction with M2 Transport, will handle the sale of a 20% interest in Central Kentucky sire Curlin.
Reigning Horse of the Year Curlin took the lead entering the stretch and rolled to an impressive 4 1/4-length victory in the $1-million Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Compared to the troubled trip he got in last year's edition of the $350,000 Gulfstream Park Turf (gr. IT), Einstein's victory in the Feb. 23 event was a relative romp.
Curlin, the leading candidate for 2007 Horse of the Year, arrived at Fair Grounds Nov. 27 following a van ride from Churchill Downs, but his racing future is still undecided.
- By Ryan Conley
Trainer Kenny McPeek has filed a lawsuit in Kentucky against a company involving two jailed attorneys who are part owners of leading Horse of the Year candidate Curlin, alleging he is owed money from the previous sale of the horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm