Reigning Horse of the Year Curlin took the lead entering the stretch and rolled to an impressive 4 1/4-length victory in the $1-million Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Compared to the troubled trip he got in last year's edition of the $350,000 Gulfstream Park Turf (gr. IT), Einstein's victory in the Feb. 23 event was a relative romp.
Curlin, the leading candidate for 2007 Horse of the Year, arrived at Fair Grounds Nov. 27 following a van ride from Churchill Downs, but his racing future is still undecided.
Trainer Kenny McPeek has filed a lawsuit in Kentucky against a company involving two jailed attorneys who are part owners of leading Horse of the Year candidate Curlin, alleging he is owed money from the previous sale of the horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing