Schumer Bloodstock, in conjunction with M2 Transport, will handle the sale of a 20% interest in Central Kentucky sire Curlin.
Reigning Horse of the Year Curlin took the lead entering the stretch and rolled to an impressive 4 1/4-length victory in the $1-million Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Compared to the troubled trip he got in last year's edition of the $350,000 Gulfstream Park Turf (gr. IT), Einstein's victory in the Feb. 23 event was a relative romp.
Curlin, the leading candidate for 2007 Horse of the Year, arrived at Fair Grounds Nov. 27 following a van ride from Churchill Downs, but his racing future is still undecided.
- By Ryan Conley
Trainer Kenny McPeek has filed a lawsuit in Kentucky against a company involving two jailed attorneys who are part owners of leading Horse of the Year candidate Curlin, alleging he is owed money from the previous sale of the horse.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland