Wide Range, an 11-year-old half sister to 2015 champion 2-year-old filly Songbird, has been purchased privately in Thailand by Team Valor International, which plans to breed the mare this spring.
Monday, Oct. 27, was another busy work day at Santa Anita Park for horses pointing toward the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Meanwhile, the connections of horses entered were awaiting the post position draw later Monday.
Southern California shipper Tonito M. swept past the leaders to score a mild upset in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) Sept. 28 at Remington Park, earning his first victory in six starts for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
The 8 3/4-length winner of the Oak Hall at Evangeline Downs in his last start headlines a field of nine including last year's 1-2 finishers, Scatman and Jasizzle, and eight-time stakes winner Delaunay.
Perretti Racing Stable's Forty Tales stamped himself as a prime contender for the Aug. 24 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga when he took the Amsterdam (gr. II) on July 28 at the upstate oval.
Forty Tales and Declan's Warrior meet again after 1-2 finish in the Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 8.
The $150,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) set up perfectly for a closer at Calder Casino & Race Course on July 6, and Mico Margarita took full advantage to win his first graded stakes for J. Kirk and Judy Robison.
Averill Racing and Silver Oak Stable's R Free Roll will be seeking her third victory over males in as many starts in the July 6 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out