Frank Kirby has been elected president of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Trainer Mickey Goldfine was putting the final touches on Senor Swinger Friday morning, just hours before the colt put his undefeated record on the line in Gulfstream Park's grade I Florida Derby. At $1 million, the 1 1/8-mile race is the richest prep in the nation for the Triple Crown.
Ten Cents a Shine, sharpening for a possible run in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I) Feb. 15, rallied on the outside with jockey Jerry Bailey aboard to finish in a dead heat with Senor Swinger and rider Edgar Prado in the featured $36,000 allowance race for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work