Frank Kirby has been elected president of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Trainer Mickey Goldfine was putting the final touches on Senor Swinger Friday morning, just hours before the colt put his undefeated record on the line in Gulfstream Park's grade I Florida Derby. At $1 million, the 1 1/8-mile race is the richest prep in the nation for the Triple Crown.
Ten Cents a Shine, sharpening for a possible run in the Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. I) Feb. 15, rallied on the outside with jockey Jerry Bailey aboard to finish in a dead heat with Senor Swinger and rider Edgar Prado in the featured $36,000 allowance race for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates