The Arqana breeding stock sale in Deauville posted powerful results through its first two days of trading Dec. 8-9, with cumulative figures already exceeding overall numbers at the 2011 sale.
The Blood-Horse's new Summer Select Sales Guide includes one-page profiles of the 28 first-crop yearling sires represented at the premier summer yearling sales of 2011 plus sire analyses, features, and more. More Information
Ten-year-old Lady Carla, the 1996 Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) heroine, topped the penultimate day's business at Tattersalls' December Sale Wendesday when selling for 1,050,000 guineas ($1,896,300) to Timmy Hyde, owner of Camas Park Stud in Co Tipperary, and Coolmore Stud's Paul Shanahan.
Charlotte Weber's Live Oak Stud at Ocala, Florida, set an auction record at Tattersalls Friday when purchasing a Giant's Causeway filly foal out of Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner Urban Sea for 1.8 million guineas -- the highest amount ever paid for a weanling filly at public auction.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday