Training partners David Hayes and Tom Dabernig enjoyed a one-two finish in the Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 14 at Flemington as Spillway got to the finish line just a whisker ahead of stablemate Extra Zero.
Although racing strategy fell apart at the start, favorite Puccini still pulled off a convincing win for an injured jockey in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 1 at Ellerslie.
Michael Walker won New Zealand's jockey championship at age 16. Now a much older and wiser 17, Walker recently matched and will soon eclipse the country's record for most wins in a year.
New Zealand jockey sensation Michael Walker equalled Lance O'Sullivan's New Zealand record of 162 wins in a season today. O'Sullivan set that total in the 1996-97 season.
Most Popular Stories
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- WV Racing to Have Role in Legislative Review
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd