Training partners David Hayes and Tom Dabernig enjoyed a one-two finish in the Australian Cup (Aus-I) March 14 at Flemington as Spillway got to the finish line just a whisker ahead of stablemate Extra Zero.
Although racing strategy fell apart at the start, favorite Puccini still pulled off a convincing win for an injured jockey in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 1 at Ellerslie.
Michael Walker won New Zealand's jockey championship at age 16. Now a much older and wiser 17, Walker recently matched and will soon eclipse the country's record for most wins in a year.
New Zealand jockey sensation Michael Walker equalled Lance O'Sullivan's New Zealand record of 162 wins in a season today. O'Sullivan set that total in the 1996-97 season.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop