More Chocolate, making her first start on dirt for trainer John Sadler, put away Willa B Awesome in the stretch and shook clear for her first stakes victory in the $150,000 La Canada (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Speightstown filly upsets last year's winner and favorite, champion Informed Decision.
With Larry Benavidez, assistant to John Sadler, looking on, Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) winner Crisp worked April 17 in preparation for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Mona de Momma made her graded-stakes debut a winning effort April 4 at Santa Anita, capturing the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) to keep a big weekend rolling for leading trainer John Sadler.
Michael Talla brings his sports club success to horses. Read More
Newbie owner Michael Talla discusses Crisp's journey leading up to the April 30 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), and how she's improving with every race.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training