More Chocolate, making her first start on dirt for trainer John Sadler, put away Willa B Awesome in the stretch and shook clear for her first stakes victory in the $150,000 La Canada (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Speightstown filly upsets last year's winner and favorite, champion Informed Decision.
With Larry Benavidez, assistant to John Sadler, looking on, Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) winner Crisp worked April 17 in preparation for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Mona de Momma made her graded-stakes debut a winning effort April 4 at Santa Anita, capturing the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) to keep a big weekend rolling for leading trainer John Sadler.
Michael Talla brings his sports club success to horses. Read More
Newbie owner Michael Talla discusses Crisp's journey leading up to the April 30 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), and how she's improving with every race.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment