More Chocolate, making her first start on dirt for trainer John Sadler, put away Willa B Awesome in the stretch and shook clear for her first stakes victory in the $150,000 La Canada (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Speightstown filly upsets last year's winner and favorite, champion Informed Decision.
With Larry Benavidez, assistant to John Sadler, looking on, Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) winner Crisp worked April 17 in preparation for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Mona de Momma made her graded-stakes debut a winning effort April 4 at Santa Anita, capturing the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) to keep a big weekend rolling for leading trainer John Sadler.
Michael Talla brings his sports club success to horses. Read More
Newbie owner Michael Talla discusses Crisp's journey leading up to the April 30 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), and how she's improving with every race.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer