More Chocolate, making her first start on dirt for trainer John Sadler, put away Willa B Awesome in the stretch and shook clear for her first stakes victory in the $150,000 La Canada (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Speightstown filly upsets last year's winner and favorite, champion Informed Decision.
With Larry Benavidez, assistant to John Sadler, looking on, Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) winner Crisp worked April 17 in preparation for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Mona de Momma made her graded-stakes debut a winning effort April 4 at Santa Anita, capturing the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) to keep a big weekend rolling for leading trainer John Sadler.
Michael Talla brings his sports club success to horses. Read More
Newbie owner Michael Talla discusses Crisp's journey leading up to the April 30 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), and how she's improving with every race.
Taking advantage of a slow pace, Crisp upset prohibitive favorite Blind Luck in the $250,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at rainy Santa Anita Park March 6.
Crisp, who blew the turn in her prior start yet still managed to break her maiden, proved to be an impressive winner of the Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Midwest/Canada Regional: Quick Entrance