Australian racing has a new sweetheart. Atlantic Jewel made a smashing return from injury Aug. 30 at Caulfield and easily won the New Zealand Bloodstock Memsie Stakes (Aus-I) to remain undefeated.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
A 3-year-old named Whobegotyou (Street Cry--Temple Of Peace, by Carnegie) stamped his passport to supreme dominance in the AUS$1 million Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 11 at Caulfield.
Anamato and Universal Queen, in the shadows of the leading Australian fillies Miss Andretti and Miss Finland all season, broke through with group I wins at Morphettville on April 21.
Within minutes, the news switched from a grand Victoria Derby (Aus-I) win on Nov 4 as to whether Efficient would attempt to break a 65-year drought for 3-year-olds in the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) three days later.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong