Australian racing has a new sweetheart. Atlantic Jewel made a smashing return from injury Aug. 30 at Caulfield and easily won the New Zealand Bloodstock Memsie Stakes (Aus-I) to remain undefeated.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
A 3-year-old named Whobegotyou (Street Cry--Temple Of Peace, by Carnegie) stamped his passport to supreme dominance in the AUS$1 million Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 11 at Caulfield.
Anamato and Universal Queen, in the shadows of the leading Australian fillies Miss Andretti and Miss Finland all season, broke through with group I wins at Morphettville on April 21.
Within minutes, the news switched from a grand Victoria Derby (Aus-I) win on Nov 4 as to whether Efficient would attempt to break a 65-year drought for 3-year-olds in the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) three days later.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law