Australian racing has a new sweetheart. Atlantic Jewel made a smashing return from injury Aug. 30 at Caulfield and easily won the New Zealand Bloodstock Memsie Stakes (Aus-I) to remain undefeated.
Shamexpress won the $1 million Newmarket Handicap and Super Cool captured the $1 million Australia Cup March 9 at Flemington.
A 3-year-old named Whobegotyou (Street Cry--Temple Of Peace, by Carnegie) stamped his passport to supreme dominance in the AUS$1 million Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 11 at Caulfield.
Anamato and Universal Queen, in the shadows of the leading Australian fillies Miss Andretti and Miss Finland all season, broke through with group I wins at Morphettville on April 21.
Within minutes, the news switched from a grand Victoria Derby (Aus-I) win on Nov 4 as to whether Efficient would attempt to break a 65-year drought for 3-year-olds in the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) three days later.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa