Millionaire multiple graded stakes winner Halo Dolly has been retired from racing.
The first reported foal by grade II winner Adios Charlie is a bay filly born March 2 at Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Adios Charlie, winner of the 2011 Jerome Stakes (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will stand the immediate 2012 breeding season at J. Michael O'Farrell Jr.'s Ocala Stud Farm. His fee is $3,500 stands and nurses.
Sweetsouthernsaint, sire of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) hopeful Storming Saint, has been sold and will stand at Haras El Aguila in Panama.
After generating a grim series of results for breeding stock and weanlings, the Thoroughbred marketplace switches its focus to racing prospects beginning with the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida. Auction firm officials and consignors are hoping buyers will be more enthusiastic about acquiring young horses nearly ready for competition even though the global economy continues to struggle.
Multiple graded stakes winner Gottcha Gold will retire to Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud for the 2009 breeding season, it was announced Nov.19.
Grade I winner Outofthebox, who covered 104 mares at Richard Simon's Sez Who Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla., in 2003 in his first season at stud, will be relocated to Michael O'Farrell's Ocala Stud Farm.
Chapel Royal, a son of Montbrook who topped the OBSC Calder select sale of 2-year-olds in February with a final bid of $1.2 million, will make his career debut in the second race at Belmont Park Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Pedigree Analysis: Lovely Maria
- Amanpour Brings $1.5M on Final MM Select Day
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing