Quick Wit, who won the off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 10, remains an outside possibility for the Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25.
Guys Reward, stalking three wide into the stretch on a soggy Churchill Downs turf course, drew clear approaching the furlong pole to win the closing night Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) by two lengths July 1.
M B Sea, a 34-1 shot with veteran jockey Craig Perret aboard, upset heavily favored Tenpins to win the $163,800 Fayette Stakes (gr. III) Saturday as Keeneland's record-breaking fall meeting ended.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion