Wired Bryan turned in a front-running tour-de-force in the $150,000 Bertram F. Bongard Stakes on Empire Showcase Day; Miss Narcissist employed similar tactics to take the $150,000 Joseph A. Gimma for fillies.
Grade II winner Wired Bryan will try for a second straight stakes win against other New York-bred juveniles when he starts in the $150,000 Bertram F. Bongard Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Anstu Stables' Wired Bryan made short work of four other foes to take home a hefty paycheck in the $237,457 New York Breeders Futurity for 2-year-olds at Finger Lakes Casino & Racetrack Sept. 28.
Front-running Corfu nipped Wired Bryan by a bare nose in a desperate finish to the $200,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 11, giving trainer Todd Pletcher his first win in the race for 2-year-olds at Saratoga Race Course.
Todd Pletcher and former assistant Michael Dilger will tangle in the Aug. 11 Saratoga Special (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course, when Pletcher sends two young starters and Dilger wheels back Sanford Stakes winner Wired Bryan.
New York-bred Wired Bryan upset the $300,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at odds of 7-1 July 21 at Saratoga Race Course, running away from his rivals through the stretch by 5 1/4 lengths.
Bashford Manor (gr. III) winner Debt Ceiling, undefeated in three starts for Maryland-based trainer John Robb, faces six others in the 99th running of the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 21 at Saratoga.
Climbing like the temperature, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s Spring Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training continued its record march April 24, posting another day of positive returns.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail