Veteran horseman Michael Byrne steers Park Stud through uncertain times Download Now
Mohaymen wins the Holy Bull in '16 bow and more inside the February 6, 2016 issue of Blood-Horse Magazine.
Frac Daddy, a front-running winner of the Eclipse Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine and Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, will stand the 2016 season at Park Stud in Ontario, Canada, for a Can$4,000 fee.
Alto Racing's Azar won for the first time -- in a big way -- Sept. 2, taking the $200,000 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Group III winner Nephrite was represented by his first reported foal Feb. 20 when a chestnut filly arrived at Park Stud in Ontario.
Grade II winner Exhi and Irish group victor Nephrite have been added to the stallion roster of Park Stud in Orangeville, Ontario, owners Michael and Laurel Byrne announced Nov. 30.
TVG Breeders' Cup Mile winner Court Vision, who also captured the 2010 Woodbine Mile (Can-IT), will be paraded in the Woodbine walking ring Nov. 26 at noon as part of a retirement ceremony for the future Canadian stallion.
B. Wayne Hughes' four-time grade I winner Court Vision will be retired following the Nov. 5 TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) and will enter stud in 2012 at Michael Byrne's Park Stud in Ontario, Canada.
Eugene Melnyk's homebred Marchfield, a two-time Canadian champion, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.
Upgrade of the Nearctic Stakes from grade II to grade I status gives Canada five grade I stakes for 2010.
Michael C. Byrne, chairman of the Jockey Club of Canada from 1995 to 2005, has been named this year's E.P.Taylor Award of Merit winner.
Tomahawk, a $2.5 million Keeneland July yearling and an Irish champion 2-year-old, will enter stud at Michael Byrne's Park Stud near Orangeville, Ontario, Canada, for a fee of $8,500 (Canadian funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky