Godolphin Racing's Local Time extended her win streak to six races, including three straight on the dirt at Meydan, with a 4 3/4-length victory over four overmatched 3-year-old fillies in the $250,000 UAE Oaks.
Owners and trainers will have more race options for their horses during the 2014 Dubai World Cup Carnival under recently announced changes to the $37 million program, which begins Jan. 9.
Godolphin's Now Spun gamely charged between horses in the stretch and tallied a 1 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Meydan Classic Sponsored by Shahrazad Ladies Banking Feb. 28 at Meydan in season debut.
Lovely Pass, who led a quartet of Godolphin runners across the finish line in the United Arab Emirates One Thousand Guineas earlier this month at Medyan, returns in the $250,000 United Arab Emirates Oaks UAE-III) Feb. 28.
Dick Powell gives his selections for the Feb. 23 program at the Dubai Carnival, which includes the 1 3/16-mile UAE Oaks (UAE-III) on the Tapeta main track and the Meydan Classic at one mile on turf.
A field of six fillies will go to the post in the $250,000 UAE Oaks Sponsored by The Saeed and Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 23.
Benefitting from a heady ride by Frankie Dettori, Khawlah took command with two furlongs left and easily held off Mahbooba to capture the $250,000 UAE Oaks Sponsored by Al Tayer Motors (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 24.
Mahbooba will try to add another stakes victory to her already glittering resume when she faces six other fillies in the $250,000 UAE Oaks Sponsored by Al Tayer Motors (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud