Penn National will donate a total of $10,000 to three equine aftercare organizations on Penn Mile Day, June 1, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Off the track Thoroughbred Metro Meteor, known as the "Painting Racehorse," will partner with Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course June 1 to help raise awareness for equine aftercare efforts.
Metro Meteor, a retired racehorse-turned artist, will be featured on the Today Show April 4. New Vocations has received more than $10,000 from proceeds of the gelding's paintings.
It didn't take long before Metro Meteor got the hang of painting. Krajewski chooses the colors for him, loads the paint brush with paint, and then the gelding holds the brush in his teeth and applies the strokes to the canvas read blog
The well-traveled Weigelia returns to one of his favorite courses Sunday when he takes on 11 rivals in the $100,000-added Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park inner turf course for trainer Mike Trombetta.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20