Shedrow Cocktails became the first reported winner for Louisiana stallion Orthodox when the 2-year-old captured a maiden event by four lengths the evening of July 12 at Evangeline Downs.
When 3-year-old filly Talkin Indian won the ninth race at Fair Grounds on Dec. 7, the average racing fan likely did not notice a unique detail that came along with the first-level allowance victory.
Dale Schenian, Paul Allen, and Little Bro Lantis will be inducted into the Canterbury Park Hall of Fame July 29.
Tampa shippers Atticus Kristy and Around the Cape ran one-two in the $115,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Friday.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Chance Dance pressed the pace of longshot It's Spooky, overtook that rival in the lane, and held off a late challenge from favored Julie's Prize to win the $75,000 Estrapade Handicap by a head Saturday at Arlington Park.
A well-matched field of fillies and mares, including defending champion Repository, is entered to run in the 5 1/2-furlong Stravinsky Stakes over the Keeneland turf course Sunday.
Put Me In put herself atop the distaff sprint category at Fair Grounds, winning the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Miles To Go: Metropolitan Handicap History
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah