Shedrow Cocktails became the first reported winner for Louisiana stallion Orthodox when the 2-year-old captured a maiden event by four lengths the evening of July 12 at Evangeline Downs.
When 3-year-old filly Talkin Indian won the ninth race at Fair Grounds on Dec. 7, the average racing fan likely did not notice a unique detail that came along with the first-level allowance victory.
Dale Schenian, Paul Allen, and Little Bro Lantis will be inducted into the Canterbury Park Hall of Fame July 29.
Tampa shippers Atticus Kristy and Around the Cape ran one-two in the $115,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Friday.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Chance Dance pressed the pace of longshot It's Spooky, overtook that rival in the lane, and held off a late challenge from favored Julie's Prize to win the $75,000 Estrapade Handicap by a head Saturday at Arlington Park.
A well-matched field of fillies and mares, including defending champion Repository, is entered to run in the 5 1/2-furlong Stravinsky Stakes over the Keeneland turf course Sunday.
Put Me In put herself atop the distaff sprint category at Fair Grounds, winning the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm