A standing-room-only crowd gathered at Gulfstream Park Tuesday, March 24, for a memorial service to honor Hall of Fame horseman Allen Jerkens, who died March 18 at the age of 85.
A public memorial service for Thoroughbred champion Cigar will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. EST. Cigar died Oct. 7 at age 24.
A memorial service for jockey Eddie Razo Jr. will take place in Arlington Heights, Ill. May 15.
Three Chimneys president Case Clay shares stories during Dynaformer's memorial service May 3. watch video
Three Chimneys' stallion manager Sandy Hatfield at Dynaformer's memorial service May 3, 2012. You may need to turn your volume up slightly once the video begins. watch video
Timeless Fashion's victory in the March 13 Tejano Run Stakes had special meeting for his connections and family and friends of the late Justin Vitek.
Bill Donovan, whose popular "Backtracks" column appeared in The Blood-Horse, will be memorialized at Laurel Park Sat., Sept. 6 at noon.
The life and accomplishments of Dale Baird, the all-time leading trainer by wins, were remembered in a "Celebration of Life" gathering at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort Jan. 14.
Trudy McCaffery was remembered as a "cross between Mother Teresa and Elizabeth Taylor" during a well-attended memorial service at Santa Anita Park, where her racehorses regularly competed.
A memorial service for George Brunacini, Dan Mallory, and Jeff Williams will be held Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. at the Kentucky Horse Center. It will take place in the administrator's office. Lunch will be served following the service.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown