Rules were designed to protect the integrity of pari-mutuel wagering and horses' health.
Therapeutic substances for major racing states, including substances, restricted administrative time, thresholds, and route of administration. Download Now
The California Horse Racing Board's Medication and Track Safety Committee has endorsed proposed changes in race-day administration of furosemide.
Here is the text of a "position paper" released by James L. Gagliano, president and chief operating officer of The Jockey Club as part of that organization's campaign for medication reform.
The Jockey Club and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association May 10 announced the launch of an advocacy website, cleanhorseracing.org, that is dedicated to the reform of medication rules.
An advisory panel to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has given final approval to regulatory changes that include permitting an owner to void the claim of a horse that tested positive.
By Laura de Seroux - In regard to uniform national medication rules, at this point it looks like Kentucky is leading the way in establishing the tough policies we need to clean up racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby