The field assembled for the 92nd Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), Europe's premier middle-distance race Oct. 2 at Longchamp, looks to be one of best in recent years.
Vif Monsieur was awarded the win in the Preis von Europa (Ger-I) Sept. 22 at Cologne upon the stunning disqualifications of respective first- and second-place finishers, Meandre and Empoli, for interference.
Workmanlike. That word might best describe Novellist's win over Seismos in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 1 amidst his ongoing preparations for next month's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
German classic-placed Nymphea became the first group I winner for Coolmore sire Dylan Thomas when she captured the Grosser Preis von Berlin July 21 at Berlin-Hoppegarten.
Red Cadeaux, making his third group I start in five weeks, won a tight stretch battle with Jaguar Mail to capture the Longines Hong Kong Vase (HK-I) Dec. 9 by a short head.
Meandre continued his winning ways with a decisive 1 1/4-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 22.
Andre Fabre's Meandre sprang a mild upset when he cruised to an impressive 1 1/4-length victory in the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) at Saint-Cloud June 24.
Excelebration earned a well-deserved group I victory when he overcame the testing course conditions to win the $614,097 Qatar Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 11.
Meandre benefitted from a perfectly-timed ride by Maxime Guyon as he stormed past Seville in the final yards to capture the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame