With heavy rain hitting East Rutherford, N.J. in early afternoon, the Meadowlands Racetrack canceled live racing for Friday, Oct. 9.
All-turf Thoroughbred racing will return to Meadowlands this fall when the New Jersey track hosts the first of 10 days of racing action beginning Oct. 11.
There will be 77 Thoroughbred racing dates for 2013 under a schedule approved by the New Jersey Racing Commission Nov. 14. The dates were approved pending a review of the minutes of the meeting by Gov. Chris Christie.
Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live racing Oct. 19 after heavy rains throughout the night and early morning in northern New Jersey and with rain in the forecast throughout the afternoon.
The United States Trotting Association has formed a committee to examine a proposal to use a small percentage of gaming revenue to support marketing and enhanced equine drug testing, but stopped short of endorsing the plan.
The Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, N.J., canceled live racing due to inclement weather after the running of the first race on Saturday night.
The Meadowlands Racetrack posted across-the-board losses for the 62-day 2002 Thoroughbred meet, which ended on Saturday night.
The Meadowlands will not hold live racing or host simulcating on Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park