Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner, and his multiple grade I-winning half brother Tiago are returning to Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Paris, Ky.
D'Accord, a grade II winner by Secretariat who developed into a successful New York stallion, was euthanized Oct. 3 at Akindale Farm near Pawling, N.Y., because of complications from old age.
Graded stakes winner Coal Play, who finished a close second to Big Brown in a grade I stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2011 at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds.
Joe and Anne McMahon will stand five Adena Springs' stallions in 2011 at their McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Millionaire Wild Desert, winner of Canada's greatest classic, has arrived for stallion duty at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A good-sized crowd of local breeders and owners, pinhookers, and curiosity seekers showed up for the first session of the inaugural New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s yearling sale Thursday night. The sale, which had a county fair-like atmosphere, was conducted under blue-and-white-striped tents at the Yaddo show grounds near Saratoga Race Course.
Graded stakes winners Intidab and Millions were represented by their first winners Aug. 7.
Grade II winner Halory Hunter (Jade Hunter -- Halory, by Halo) arrived at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds on Feb. 12 to stand the 2003 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile