Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner, and his multiple grade I-winning half brother Tiago are returning to Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Paris, Ky.
D'Accord, a grade II winner by Secretariat who developed into a successful New York stallion, was euthanized Oct. 3 at Akindale Farm near Pawling, N.Y., because of complications from old age.
Graded stakes winner Coal Play, who finished a close second to Big Brown in a grade I stakes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud in 2011 at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds.
Joe and Anne McMahon will stand five Adena Springs' stallions in 2011 at their McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Millionaire Wild Desert, winner of Canada's greatest classic, has arrived for stallion duty at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A good-sized crowd of local breeders and owners, pinhookers, and curiosity seekers showed up for the first session of the inaugural New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s yearling sale Thursday night. The sale, which had a county fair-like atmosphere, was conducted under blue-and-white-striped tents at the Yaddo show grounds near Saratoga Race Course.
Graded stakes winners Intidab and Millions were represented by their first winners Aug. 7.
Grade II winner Halory Hunter (Jade Hunter -- Halory, by Halo) arrived at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds on Feb. 12 to stand the 2003 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn