Double Irish, an unraced 4-year-old son of Tapit, is standing the 2014 season at Mary and Bill McDowell's McDowell Farm near Sparkman, Ark.
Primary Suspect, winner of the 2005 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III), sired his first winner when his son, Ranger Hill, scored by 1 3/4 lengths at six furlongs at Louisiana Downs.
Comedero broke on the lead and was never challenged in winning the $400,000 Red Legend Stakes as the 1-5 favorite at Charles Town Races & Slots on the night of June 19.
The front-running gelding takes the first added-money event on the Preakness (gr. I) Day program at Pimlico.
Forty Acres took complete control of the $100,000 Super Derby Prelude shortly after the start and cruised to a resounding 2 1/4-length win with Carlos Gonzalez aboard Aug. 18 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA