Double Irish, an unraced 4-year-old son of Tapit, is standing the 2014 season at Mary and Bill McDowell's McDowell Farm near Sparkman, Ark.
Primary Suspect, winner of the 2005 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III), sired his first winner when his son, Ranger Hill, scored by 1 3/4 lengths at six furlongs at Louisiana Downs.
Comedero broke on the lead and was never challenged in winning the $400,000 Red Legend Stakes as the 1-5 favorite at Charles Town Races & Slots on the night of June 19.
The front-running gelding takes the first added-money event on the Preakness (gr. I) Day program at Pimlico.
Forty Acres took complete control of the $100,000 Super Derby Prelude shortly after the start and cruised to a resounding 2 1/4-length win with Carlos Gonzalez aboard Aug. 18 at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight