Off the Triple Crown trail and with a clean trip, Calumet Farm's homebred Hence once again found his winning stride July 7 in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (G3) at Prairie Meadows.
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Belmont Derby and Iowa Derby
Calumet Farm's homebred Hence will attempt to get back to the winner's circle after two off-the-board finishes in the first two legs of the Triple Crown when he lines up against eight other sophomore colts in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (G3).
An exuberant Calvin Borel expressed confidence that Mine That Bird will win the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) after working the diminutive gelding a half-mile in :50 on a warm, sunny June 1 morning at Churchill Downs.
While Mine That Bird galloped as usual, the morning of Friday, May 29, was decidedly not business as usual for Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and BlackBerry Preakness (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Kettle Corn Gets First Winner at Belterra Park