Silvano colt sells for 6 million rand to Mayfair Speculators.
A trio of fillies by Darley sire Dubawi dominated the top of the market at the Tattersalls December foal sale on Day 4 Nov. 27.
British bloodstock agent Amanda Skiffington went to the top price of 4 million rands ($351,003 in U.S. funds) to secure a Var colt at the final session of the Cape Premier Yearling Sale Jan. 23 in Cape Town, South Africa.
A son of leading South African sire Dynasty became the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction in South Africa when fetching 5.2 million rands at the Cape Premier Yearling Sale the evening of Jan. 22.
Brilliant 3-year-old Act of War justified his status as longtime favorite for the Grand Parade Cape Guineas (SAf-I) when scoring an authoritative win Dec. 20 at Kenilworth.
An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- First Winner for Empire Way
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby