British bloodstock agent Amanda Skiffington went to the top price of 4 million rands ($351,003 in U.S. funds) to secure a Var colt at the final session of the Cape Premier Yearling Sale Jan. 23 in Cape Town, South Africa.
A son of leading South African sire Dynasty became the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction in South Africa when fetching 5.2 million rands at the Cape Premier Yearling Sale the evening of Jan. 22.
Brilliant 3-year-old Act of War justified his status as longtime favorite for the Grand Parade Cape Guineas (SAf-I) when scoring an authoritative win Dec. 20 at Kenilworth.
An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- Deceptive Vision Wins Doubledogdare
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test