An Irish-bred filly by Sea The Stars was the best seller at the BBAG premier yearling sale Sept. 2 in Germany, bringing €500,000 ($559,900) from South Africa's leading owner, Mayfair Speculators, along with Peter and Ross Doyle.
Silvano colt sells for 6 million rand to Mayfair Speculators.
A trio of fillies by Darley sire Dubawi dominated the top of the market at the Tattersalls December foal sale on Day 4 Nov. 27.
British bloodstock agent Amanda Skiffington went to the top price of 4 million rands ($351,003 in U.S. funds) to secure a Var colt at the final session of the Cape Premier Yearling Sale Jan. 23 in Cape Town, South Africa.
A son of leading South African sire Dynasty became the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction in South Africa when fetching 5.2 million rands at the Cape Premier Yearling Sale the evening of Jan. 22.
Brilliant 3-year-old Act of War justified his status as longtime favorite for the Grand Parade Cape Guineas (SAf-I) when scoring an authoritative win Dec. 20 at Kenilworth.
An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move