The Fasig-Tipton preferred sale of New York-bred yearlings concluded Aug. 10 on a positive note, with the overall two-day average increasing 11% and the median up 18% over the same sale at Saratoga Springs, N.Y., a year ago.
Glen Hill Farm buys the Storm Cat daughter, believed in foal to Flatter, for $435,000.
Maverick Racing went to $550,000 to acquire a Giant's Causeway colt from the Gainesway consignment, the highest price early during the Sept. 11 second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington.
A dapper-looking son of Distorted Humor was purchased by WinStar Farm, agent, for the partnership of Maverick Racing for $1 million to highlight the late afternoon session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?