Matthew Schera's Isotherm hadn't found the winner's circle since September of 2015, but on a red-hot afternoon for jockey Flavien Prat at Santa Anita Park, he was under the right man for the job.
Isotherm, winner of the 2015 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. III) on the Belmont Park turf, will make his 2016 season debut in the $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 2 at Gulfstream Park.
Grade II winner Lady Sabelia added the $100,000 Willa On the Move at Laurel Park to her resume Dec. 5, as Vorticity and Cathryn Sophia also landed impressive wins on the card.
Race Day, a multiple graded stakes winner in 2015 by leading sire Tapit, will stand at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in 2016 and participate in the farm's Share The Upside program.
Matthew Schera's Isotherm came with a wide run under Jose Lezcano to narrowly win Belmont Park's Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds over Azar.
Syntax took command in the stretch and held off Money Multiplier's closing run to register a half-length victory in the $200,250 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday, July 18 on the Delaware Park turf.
Matthew Schera's Race Day is proving to be a bargain after taking the $600,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park on April 11.
Matthew Schera's Race Day edged past a stubborn Midnight Hawk near the wire to capture the $250,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) for 4-year-olds and up March 14 at Oaklawn Park.
A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field