Remington Park will be following and enforcing a health policy to safeguard horses participating at Oklahoma racetracks in the wake of the lifting of the quarantine on the isolated case of equine herpesvirus at Ruidoso Downs in New Mexico.
The Oklahoma Derby card has increased from seven stakes to 10 stakes this year with the stakes purses increasing by $275,000 to a combined $1,325,000.
Remington Park announced overnight purses will increase 10% for the 67-day Thoroughbred meet that begins Aug. 14 and runs through Dec. 13.
Eligible Oklahoma-bred horses competing at Remington Park are eligible for higher purse supplements.
Officials with Global Gaming Solutions announced Sept. 13 that Scott Wells, Remington Park president and general manager, has also been named as president and general manager of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms