Swipe, a four-time runner-up to Nyquist in graded stakes last year, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the April 16 Lexington Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Ive Struck a Nerve, the 135-1 upset winner of the Feb. 23 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), sustained an ankle injury during a workout the morning of March 9 and is off the Triple Crown trail.
Though virtually assured of a starting slot in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), trainer Keith Desormeaux says he plans to run Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Ive Struck a Nerve in the Louisiana Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider