Assuming he works well at Ballydoyle over the next several days, Master of Hounds will ship to Churchill Downs early on Derby week, according to trainer Aidan O'Brien.
Fountain of Youth (gr. II) winner Soldat continued his preparation for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) April 21 when he worked five furlongs at Palm Meadows in :59.07.
The top five for Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen looks much different this week, Dialed In still sits on top. Presented by Pauls Mill Read Blog
A spokesman for Coolmore Stud confirmed April 18 that Mrs. John Magnier's Master of Hounds is being pointed for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
UAE Derby runner-up Master of Hounds is still be considered for the Kentucky Derby
Dialed In, who banked $600,000 for his last-to-first victory in the April 2 Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park, jumped from No. 17 to No. 2 on the Kentucky Derby 137 Graded Stakes Earnings List.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien said the UAE Derby (UAE-II) runner-up is a possibility for the Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The daughter of Cape Cross nipped Master of Hounds by a nose at the wire, becoming the first filly to win the event.
Selections for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup races, including the Classic. Read Blog
Master of Hounds, the third-place finisher in the Oct. 23 Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I), was made the 9-2 favorite for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT).
Casamento took the lead two furlongs from home and shook off the late challenge of Seville to win the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) at Doncaster Oct. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004