A New Hampshire Senate committee voted 4-1 to recommend passage of a bill that would allow the state to authorize two casinos. But the bill will be tabled while the House considers any expansion of gambling.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission Dec. 10 decided that another referendum must be held in the city of Revere on a proposed $1 billion casino for Suffolk Downs and partner Mohegan Sun.
Suffolk Downs could soon be facing stiff competition for the sole destination-resort casino license to be awarded in the designated Boston area now that major Las Vegas developer Steve Wynn is interested in entering the fray.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh