A New Hampshire Senate committee voted 4-1 to recommend passage of a bill that would allow the state to authorize two casinos. But the bill will be tabled while the House considers any expansion of gambling.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission Dec. 10 decided that another referendum must be held in the city of Revere on a proposed $1 billion casino for Suffolk Downs and partner Mohegan Sun.
Suffolk Downs could soon be facing stiff competition for the sole destination-resort casino license to be awarded in the designated Boston area now that major Las Vegas developer Steve Wynn is interested in entering the fray.
Most Popular Stories
- Health Zone: Nutrition & Yearling Sales Prep
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Southwest Regional: Big Arm In the Barn
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears