A New Hampshire Senate committee voted 4-1 to recommend passage of a bill that would allow the state to authorize two casinos. But the bill will be tabled while the House considers any expansion of gambling.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission Dec. 10 decided that another referendum must be held in the city of Revere on a proposed $1 billion casino for Suffolk Downs and partner Mohegan Sun.
Suffolk Downs could soon be facing stiff competition for the sole destination-resort casino license to be awarded in the designated Boston area now that major Las Vegas developer Steve Wynn is interested in entering the fray.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen