A Deep Impact filly out of U.S. grade I winner Weemissfrankie sold for the highest price of Ã‚Â¥180 million ($1.46 million) July 14 at the foal session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale in Hokkaido.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Trainer Chay Knight Dies at 80
- Casual Smile Continues Roll in Matchmaker
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Bradester Carries on in Monmouth Cup
- 'Maria' Continues to Amaze in Rothschild Win
- Turfdonna Digs Deep for German Oaks Win