The Maryland Racing Commission has heard the pros and cons of allowing the Maryland Jockey Club to operate an off-track betting parlor at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium and will vote on the issue Feb. 16.
Lexington-based bloodstock agent Donato Lanni will judge the 81st annual Maryland Horse Breeders Association yearling show June 28 in Timonium.
A number of upgrades to the Maryland State Fairgrounds barn area have been completed ahead of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale, May 18-19, in Timonium.
Trainer Tony Dutrow will be the judge for the 80th Maryland Horse Breeders Association's annual event for Maryland-bred yearlings in Timonium June 29.
Colts by Kodiak Kowboy and Elusive Quality clocked the overall fastest breeze time for one furlong May 15 during the second and final under tack show for next week's Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale.
Ten horses tied for the fastest furlong breeze May 14 at the first of two under tack shows for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md.
One day after a Preakness Stakes (gr. I) victory by Oxbow, the barn area at the Maryland State Fairgrounds at Timonium was flush with activity on the eve of Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale May 20-21.
A daughter of Successful Appeal was among the standouts May 16 during the first session of the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Fasig-Tipton Midlantic has catalogued 344 entries for its 2009 Mixed Sale at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium Dec. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo