Admirals War Chest became the fifth back-to-back winner of the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic Oct. 22 at Laurel Park with a dominating gate-to-wire triumph in the 1 1/8-mile stakes for Maryland-sired horses.
The 30th annual Jim McKay Maryland Million Day, with purses and awards of more than $1 million for Maryland-sired horses, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015 at Laurel Park.
The 29th renewal of Jim McKay Maryland Million Day is set for Oct. 18, at Laurel Park.
Sylvia E. Heft's Eighttofasttocatch returns to the Maryland Million Classic for the third year in a row, looking for his second victory in the 1 1/8-mile feature on the Maryland Million Day card at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Million will have its 28th renewal at Laurel Park Oct. 19, with purses and awards of more than $1 million for Maryland-sired horses.
A Maryland delegate is planning to propose a resolution to rename the state-bred and state-sired event Jim McKay Maryland Million Day.
Maryland Million announced that the purse for the Maryland Million Classic will increase to $300,000. In addition purses for both the Maryland Million Ladies and the Maryland Million Turf will grow to $200,000.
The Maryland Jockey Club, Maryland Horse Breeders' Association, and Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association will team up to support relief efforts at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees