The 30th annual Jim McKay Maryland Million Day, with purses and awards of more than $1 million for Maryland-sired horses, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015 at Laurel Park.
The 29th renewal of Jim McKay Maryland Million Day is set for Oct. 18, at Laurel Park.
Sylvia E. Heft's Eighttofasttocatch returns to the Maryland Million Classic for the third year in a row, looking for his second victory in the 1 1/8-mile feature on the Maryland Million Day card at Laurel Park.
The Maryland Million will have its 28th renewal at Laurel Park Oct. 19, with purses and awards of more than $1 million for Maryland-sired horses.
A Maryland delegate is planning to propose a resolution to rename the state-bred and state-sired event Jim McKay Maryland Million Day.
Maryland Million announced that the purse for the Maryland Million Classic will increase to $300,000. In addition purses for both the Maryland Million Ladies and the Maryland Million Turf will grow to $200,000.
The Maryland Jockey Club, Maryland Horse Breeders' Association, and Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association will team up to support relief efforts at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury