The Maryland Horse Industry Board presented Touch of Class awards to trainer H. Graham Motion, jockey Mario Pino, and author Patrick Smithwick Jr. at a May 14 ceremony in Silver Spring.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley appointed two new members and reappointed three current members to the Maryland Industry Horse Board, which represents equine activities and organizations throughout the state.
The Maryland Horse Industry Board honors Rapid Redux with a monthly "Touch of Class" award during a "Night of Maryland Horse Racings Champions" March 20 in Baltimore.
Trainer Graham Motion received the Maryland Horse Industry Board's first "Touch of Class" Award, it was announced Sept. 6.
The Maryland Horse Industry Board will be accepting grant applications for non-profit research, educational, and promotional equine activities, beginning Aug. 1.
Statistics released by the Maryland Horse Industry Board show the equine industry in the state has assets worth about $5.6 billion, and that Thoroughbreds lead the way by population of breed.
Maryland horse racing needs improved marketing, quality facilities, and better racing, according to a report released Dec. 1 by the Maryland Horse Industry Board.
Today, nearly 250 leaders in Maryland horse racing, recreational and competitive riding, training, boarding stables, veterinary services, agriculture, tourism, and support industries are gathering to lay the groundwork to strengthen the equine industry well into the future. Initiated by Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr., and developed by a committee of the Maryland Horse Industry Board, the forum provides a way for participants to identify solutions to challenges facing the equine industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Jacks Masterpiece First Winner for Smiling Tiger